Cross Save Function, iOS, Android, PlayStation, Account Progress & More
Many games have allowed its players to access their profiles and currently saved games on different platforms, and it’s coming soon to Genshin Impact!
Here’s what we know so far about the Cross Save function in Genshin Impact.
Latest – Genshin Impact 2.0
Version 2.0 of Genshin Impact is right around the corner; promising the biggest update so far. Presenting Inazuma region, Baal the electro archon, a dozen of new characters, and new quality life features– one of them have been long-expected.
miHoYo announced that a Cross Save function will be available after the patch arrives on Wednesday, July 21.
What is a Cross Save Function
This will allow players to share progress and any in-game data across platforms and easily resume their game on a different system.
Genshin Impact is available for most gaming platforms, including IOS, Android, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5. There is also a possible release for the Nintendo Switch in the upcoming months.
Until now, players from the mobile version were able to continue their progress on their PC. However, they did not have this chance when it came to PlayStation and vice versa.
With Genshin Impact 2.0 you will be able to play as your Traveler on multiple devices.
From PlayStation to PC/Android/IOS
If you’ve played Genshin on your PlayStation up to this point and have yet to log into an account on any other device, then you’re in luck. This process will be relatively simple. Open Genshin Impact on your PlayStation, then go to the Settings, then the Account Submenu.
Look for the User Center, then find the option to Link Account. Link your account to an email address that is not already associated with a MiHoYo account, and it will be associated with the account created on your PlayStation.
Once you’ve logged into this corresponding account on your Android/IOS/ phone or PC, your progress between the two will be linked. You’ll even be able to unlock PlayStation trophies playing on your phone.
From PC/Android/IOS to PlayStation
For those who want to move the progress you’ve made on Genshin in your phone or PC to your PlayStation, this is going to require some extra steps. Install Genshin Impact on your PlayStation, and then open the game for the first time.
Right when you open the game after you agree to the terms of service, a window will pop up, prompting you to log into your MiHoYo account (The email you use to register on your phone or PC). DO NOT CLICK PAST THIS WINDOW, if you do the PlayStation will create a MiHoyo Account for you and you will not have a chance to link your previous account.
Once you’ve logged in with your email address, your progress will be shared across both platforms (when the update goes live).
Important things to keep in mind
- This function currently does not support unlinking. Travelers, please consider carefully before carrying out account linking.
- The PlayStation exclusive weapon can be used on any platform, but this weapon’s effect (Descension) only applies when playing on PlayStation.
- The PlayStation exclusive wind glider cannot be used on other platforms. When logged in on other platforms, this wind glider will be changed to Wings of First Flight.
- After linking accounts, there will be two Friends Lists, “Genshin Impact Friends” and “Genshin Impact Friends on ‘PlayStation Network.’
- “Genshin Impact Friends on ‘PlayStation Network'” can only be viewed on PlayStation.
- When switching platforms, the Genesis Crystals from different platforms will not be displayed. Travelers can use these Genesis Crystals on the platform which they were obtained from.
- After account linking, Primogems from the same miHoYo Account will be displayed on iOS/Android/PC/PlayStation and can be used on any of these platforms.
Players will have to choose between their accounts
Currently, an account for PlayStation with existing game progress can only be linked to an email address that is not currently associated with a miHoYo Account.
An account with game progress is counted as having registered for a miHoYo Account, and cannot be linked to an email address that is already associated with a different miHoYo Account.
In other words you can not merge both accounts and there is no option to switch between accounts. So you will have to choose which account you will keep active. The other option is to continue playing your two accounts independently in their own platform and wait for switching options in upcoming updates.