How to Change Your Name on Facebook (2021)
Changing your identify on Facebook is comparatively straightforward, however there are a number of restrictions and tips you want to pay attention to earlier than strolling down that highway. So in the event you ever questioned – “How do I change my profile name on Facebook?” then it’s your fortunate day. Because on this article, we’ll present you the way to change your identify on Facebook utilizing the iOS app, Android app, and the web site. The course of we describe under will work no matter whether or not you’ve got a private Facebook account or run a enterprise web page.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook (2021)
Here, we’ll present you the way to change your profile identify on Facebook on iPhone, on Android, and the net. We may even clarify the way to change your Facebook web page identify for enterprise accounts. Do notice that you’ll solely be capable to change your identify if the brand new identify in your web page or private profile meets the corporate’s stringent tips. That stated, let’s get to it immediately.
Things to Remember Before Changing Your Name on Facebook
Facebook has a set of stringent ‘Name Standards’ that every one customers must comply with. If your new identify doesn’t adhere to these tips, you will not be permitted to alter your identify in any respect. Worse, the social media big might even ban your account for failing to abide by its community standards. So right here’s what Facebook says you must bear in mind earlier than making an attempt to alter your identify on its platform:
- The identify in your account ought to be the identify that your folks name you in on a regular basis life. This identify must also seem on a type of ID or doc from our ID checklist. There could also be cases of utilizing a reputation apart from what seems on an ID doc from our ID checklist for some profiles.
- Nicknames can be utilized as a primary or center identify in the event that they’re a variation of your genuine identify (similar to Bob as an alternative of Robert).
- You may also checklist one other identify in your account (e.g., maiden identify, nickname, skilled identify).
- Profiles are for particular person use solely. You can create a Page for a enterprise, group, or thought.
- Impersonating something or anybody isn’t allowed.
Moreover, Facebook mentions that your profile or enterprise identify can’t embody the next:
Symbols, numbers, uncommon capitalization, repeating characters, or punctuation
- Characters from a number of languages
- Titles of any type (e.g., skilled, spiritual)
- Words or phrases instead of a reputation
- Offensive or suggestive phrases of any type
All of the above are direct quotes from the official Facebook neighborhood insurance policies. So now that you’ve got all the principles and rules straight from the horse’s mouth, let’s check out the steps it’s essential to comply with.
Change Your Name on the Facebook Website
To change your identify on the Facebook web site, you’ll first must log in along with your account credentials. Then comply with the steps under:
- Click on the downward arrow icon on the top-right nook of the Facebook homepage. From the pop-up menu, choose the “Settings & Privacy” possibility.
- Next, click on on “Settings” on the identical pop-up menu.
- You will now be taken to your account settings web page. Under General Account Settings, click on in your identify or the “Edit” signal subsequent to it.
- Now enter the brand new identify, center identify (if any), and surname you need others to see in your Facebook profile. Then, click on the blue button that claims “Review Change“.
- Facebook will show variations of your identify on a brand new pop-up window. Select the one you favor. Finally, enter your password and click on on “Save Changes“.
Your Facebook account will mirror your new identify with speedy impact. Do notice, nevertheless, that in contrast to Twitter and most different social media platforms, you possibly can solely change your identify as soon as in 60 days on Facebook. That means you gained’t be capable to make any additional adjustments to your profile identify throughout the subsequent couple of months.
Change Your Name on Facebook Mobile App
Changing your identify utilizing the Facebook Android app can be a straightforward proposition. Here’s the way you go about it:
- Open the Facebook app in your Android system and faucet on the hamburger menu (three parallel traces) on the top-right nook. On the following display, scroll right down to the underside and faucet on “Settings & Privacy“.
- Then choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu. On the following display, go to the “Personal Information” part.
- Now faucet in your identify, and kind within the new identify (together with the primary, center, and final identify) on the following display. Then, faucet the blue button that claims “Review Change“.
- Finally, choose the show desire in your identify, enter your password, and hit the “Save Changes” button. Congratulations! You have efficiently modified your profile identify on Facebook utilizing the Android app.
On iOS and iPadOS
The course of of fixing your profile or web page identify utilizing the Facebook app in your iPhone or iPad is just like the tactic on Android. Here’s the way you go about it:
- Open the Facebook app in your iPhone or iPad, and faucet on the hamburger menu (three horizontal traces) on the bottom-right nook of your display. Then scroll down and go to “Settings & Privacy -> Settings“.
- Next, choose “Personal Information” and faucet in your identify.
- On the following display, kind within the new identify you need on Facebook. Once you’re performed, faucet the blue “Review Change” button.
- Finally, choose the identify you need to seem in your Facebook profile, enter your password, and faucet on “Save Changes“.
Well, that’s all there may be to it! You now know the way to change your identify on the Facebook iOS app as effectively. To remind you once more, you possibly can solely edit your identify as soon as each 60 days, so do assume twice earlier than making the change.
Change Your FB Profile Name on Android, iPhone, and the Web
Unlike Twitter or another main social media service, Facebook insists that it’ll not settle for something apart from your ‘real’ identify. Any identify it considers ‘fake’ can get you banned from the social media platform. If you possibly can efficiently abide by the stringent restrictions, congratulations in your identify change on Facebook.
On the opposite hand, when you have had sufficient with the corporate’s questionable privateness insurance policies and quite a few knowledge breaches, try how one can delete Facebook out of your life for good. While you weigh the professionals and cons of staying on Facebook, you possibly can a minimum of conceal your ‘Active’ standing to cease irrelevant messages from annoying buddies.