‘Indie Games Festival 2021’ announces the best indie games for Android from Europe, Japan and South Korea
Last Saturday, September 4, the festival of independent games from Google Play on Europe, Japan and South Korea, where 20 indie games from each region competed to be one of the three winners, or to be among the ten finalists.
Well, once the festival is celebrated we already have the three winners of the ‘Indie Games Festival 2021’ for each of the regions next to Top 10 of the best indie games for Android that have been presented to this festival.
The winners have been selected by a jury made up of industry experts and Google representatives, where thanks to this annual festival Google Play will award a promotional campaign to give visibility to the winning indie games through different sections of the store. of other prizes, like a Pixelbook Go for the three winners and a Pixel 5 for the 10 finalists. Without further ado, these are the winners of each territory, sorted alphabetically:
The winners and finalists of the ‘Indie Games Festival 2021’
- Bird Alone by George Batchelor, United Kingdom: A curious game starring the loneliest bird on the plane, in which every day the bird will ask us questions about life, death and the meaning of existence. Throughout this trip we will compose music, make drawings and poems. The price of this game is 3.49 euros.
- Cats in Time by Pine Studio, Croatia: In this puzzle game we have to help the inventor of the time machine to find his cats, who have been lost in time. We will travel to houses from different eras to solve their puzzles and thus find their cats.
- Gumslinger by Itatake, Sweden: This is an action game, full of shooter starring jelly beans characters, where you will play in games of 65 players from around the world.
Europe Top 10
The Top 10 of the best European games presented at the Indie Games Festival on Google Play are completed by these seven games:
- Beat Workers by NaturalPad Games, France
- Figment by Bedtime Digital Games, Denmark
- Froglike: The Frog Roguelike by Jimjum Studios, Israel
- Lyxo by Emoak, Austria
- Psychofunk by Tommy Søreide Kjær, Norway
- Sticky Terms by kamibox, Germany
- Unholy Adventure by Dali Games, Poland
Mousebusters by Odencat: This is a pixelart-style adventure starring a mouse whose mission is to destroy all the ghosts in the building to save its residents.
Quantum Transport by ruccho: Isometric view puzzle game that through its puzzles we have to use its space-time portals to take the merchandise to the goal. Currently it can only be downloaded from Japan.
Survivor’s guilt by aso:
Japan Top 10
The Top 10 of the best Japanese games presented at the Indie Games Festival on Google Play are completed by these seven games:
- Archer Battle Online by Takuya Fujieda
- Heart of Sengoku by ZEN APP
- Living in the Ending World by illuCalab
- MAKOTO WAKAIDO’s Case Files “Executioner’s Wedge” by HafHaf-Oden （Sukashiuma-LAB）
- Numpurr Card Wars by Nukenin
- Parasite Days by Zxima
- Super Glitter Rush by tiny cactus studio
South Korean winners
CATS & SOUP by HIDEA: This is a simulation game starring cats, by cats cooking soup in the forest. Here we have to create new recipes to sell. The game is not yet available.
Rush Hour Rally by Soen Games: Arcade driving game in which you have to drive at maximum speed to escape the police.
The Way Home by CONCODE: Retro-style dungeon game whose phases are automatically generated, so each game will always be new. Its price is 0.89 euros but currently it can be downloaded for free.
South Korea’s top 10
The Top 10 Of the best Korean games presented at the Indie Games Festival on Google Play, these seven games complete it:
- Angel Saga by Alchemist Games Inc.
- Animal Card Royale by Banjihagames
- Dicast: Rules of Chaos by BSS COMPANY
- Frontier of Fortune by Dotomchi Games Inc
- Group Project Simulator! by Studio806
- Metro Blossom by The Sane Studio
- Rush Hour Rally by Soen Games
Via | Google