realme UI 2.0 rolls out Android 11 to 7, 6 and C-series phones
realme, the world’s fastest-growing phone brand, is rolling out realme UI 2.0 and Android 11 to its entire 2021 range, including 7Pro, 7 5G, X3 SuperZoom, 6, C3, C12 and C21.
realme’s move is exceptional for this budget to mid-market phone maker with models ranging from $199 to $579. The rollout is happening from August to Q3, 2021, and users will receive an over the air update.
Realme’s mission is to provide the best bang-for-buck smartphone experience. This means excellent hardware and great software too. realme UI 2.0 gives users new and exciting features on budget to mid-market devices.
realme Australia Managing Director, Andy Yang
The realme 7 5G (review here 9.7/10) is a new breed of sub-$500 5G smartphones that sets new price/performance benchmarks. And it looks terrific too. You can read more GadgetGuy realme news and reviews here.
Android 11 offers up to 45% better use of system resources and a 32% speed increase.
realme UI 2.0 offers
- Personalise the user interface to make it your own
- Create your wallpaper by picking colours from your photos.
- Pin Third-party icons for apps on the home screen.
- Implement any one of three Dark mode styles (enhanced, medium and gentle). Wallpapers and icons can also be adjusted to Dark mode, and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- Drag text, images or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split-screen mode.
- Optimise the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs display, and you can customise the order of items.
- Execute “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- Determine a period when Do Not Disturb is on.
- View weather animations for a more interactive experience.
- Experience optimised vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Add filters for “Drawer mode”, allowing you to search by name, install time or usage frequency to find an app more quickly.
Security and Privacy
- Trigger “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- Display your personal emergency information to first responders, even when your screen is locked.
- Enhance privacy controls with “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Reduce disturbances while gaming with “Immersive Mode”, allowing you to stay focused on the game.
- Personalise the Game Assistant call-up method.
- Share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud via Cloud Sync.
- Experience improved photo editing features with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
HeyTap Cloud (realme cloud)
- Back up your photos, documents, system settings and more, making it easier to migrate to a new phone.
- Select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- Create multiple backups for your phone.
- Harness the “Inertial Zoom” feature, which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Utilise level and grid features to help you compose videos.
- Amplify faint sounds and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones via “Sound Amplifier.”